Public notice : new garbage and recycling collection schedule beginning May 31st
We are pleased to inform you that the 2021 Waste and Recycling Schedule has been amended as per our requests. Beginning May 31, waste pick up will be weekly until December 6, 2021. Revised calendars and circuit map are available below and at the municipal office, on the municipal bulletin boards.
Household garbage collection
For your bin to be picked up you must:
- Put them by the roadside before 7am on the day of collection.
- Make sure it is visible from the road
- Make sure it is plowed and accessible
Waste Storage Site
The collection site is currently closed for the winter season. During the closing period, residents have the possibility of using the Mont-Laurier dumpsite for hazardous materials (819-623-7382) or the one in Val-des-Monts Perkins area 819-568-0770 or 819-671-4112).
Waste storage site at 713 McDonald Road is open every Wednesday and Saturday from 8 am to 4 pm. Only small quantities of construction materials, tires with no rims, and empty propane tanks are accepted. A fee of $30 to $60 applies to construction materials.
The following materials should never end up in the garbage bin. In a non-limiting way, noneligible domestic residual materials are:
- Electronic, electrical and computer equipment;
- Branches of trees, shrub and Christmas tree;
- Materials from construction, demolition or renovation;
- Dry materials, earth, bricks and stones;
- Abrasive materials (small stones, gravel);
- Explosive substances;
- Hazardous materials, propane gas cylinders, acetylene cylinders, etc.;
- Objects whose volume, shape, rigidity or weight could damage the truck's wheel loader or press;
- Parts or carcasses of animals;
- Paint, stain, oil, solvent, etc.;
- Tires and auto parts;
- Medical rejections (ex: syringe);
- Cardboard and paper not soiled.
We ask you to thoroughly rinse your recyclable materials before putting them in the blue bins provided.
Only containers, packaging, printed matter and newspapers go into the recycling bin. For more information refer to the Recyc-Québec website.
We Recycle Paint, Oil, Batteries & Electronics
These items must now be
brought to 4-A D'amour Road.
Paint, used motor oil in their containers and filters too.
Batteries: AA, AAA, C, D, 6 and 9 volt and rechargeable ones too.
Electronic devices: computers, laptops, TV, cell phones, old stereos etc...
All these items can be brought to 4 A D'amour Road, from Monday to Friday between 8AM and 3PM.
You can bring these things to the back of 4-A chemin D'amour (municipal office).
Septic systems must be pumped every two years if you are a permanent resident and every four years if you are a cottager. When you have made an appointment with a company to empty your septic system, please contact the municipality, to obtain the form that gives access to the MRC's purification plant between the months of May and October.