2019 Budget & Taxes
- The proposed budget for 2019 is $ 2,285,719. These figures include long-term debt financing costs as well as debt repayment. The Board also allocated $ 65,000 of the anticipated 2018 surplus to the 2019 budget.
- The tax rate is $.0784 / $ 100 of assessment. An increase in property assessment. For a house valued at $ 100,000 taxes will be $ 784.00, an increase of $ 67.00 per year.
- The amount we need to recover from taxpayers is $ 1,331,725 compared to $ 1,274,966 last year. This represents an increase of $ 56,759..
- The costs for the Sureté du Québec have decreased to $ 145,000 in 2019.
- The residential rate for drinking water remains at $ 318.78. The rate represents a daily cost of 0.87 cents per residence.
- The residential rate for waste management has increased to $ 210.98.
- The rate for septic sludge management, including our financial responsibility for operations and funding for the treatment center, will be $ 42.25.
- Municipal employees will receive a salary increase in line with statistics Canada's cost of living increase of 2%. Firefighters will receive a pay increase of 9%.
- Our contribution to the MRC increases from $ 214,511 to $ 222,950 increase of 3.934%
Tax payments can now be made four times a
year at the office using Interac, cash or
cheque. You can also pay your taxes at the
Caisse Desjardins counter or online through
your own banking institution.
Revenues & Expenses 2019
For a summary of 2019 revenues and expenses forecasts:
click here >>